Our History of Events (Photos)
Our Trails to Eagle
Questions, Comments or Bits of Confusion!
Frequently Asked Questions
Q: How do I sign up my son to join BSA
Troop 229 in Winamac, IN?
A: Contact our Scout Master at
Q: Where and when does BSA Troop 229 meet?
A: BSA Troop 229 meets most Mondays from 7pm to 8pm at the First United
Methodist Church in Winamac, IN. The address of the church is 201 E.
Spring Street, Winamac, IN 46996. The phone number of the church is
Q: What are the age requirements to become
a Boy Scout?
A: To become a Boy Scout, a boy must be 11 years old, or have completed
the fifth grade or the Arrow of Light Award and is at least 10 years old.
The boy must not yet be 18 years old.
Q: What are the steps for a boy to become a
A: The steps are:
- Meet age requirements
- Complete a Boy Scout Application and Health History signed by
your parent or guardian
- Find a scout troop near your home (us!)
- Repeat the Pledge of Allegiance
- Demonstrate the Scout Sign, Salute, and Handshake
- Demonstrate tying the square knot
- Understand and agree to live by the Scout Oath or Promise, Law,
Motto, and Slogan, and the Outdoor Code
- Describe the Scout Badge
- Complete the pamphlet exercises (How to Protect Your Children
From Child Abuse: A Parent's Guide)
- Participate in a Scoutmaster Conference (turn in your Boy Scout
application and health history form signed by your parent or guardian,
then participate in a Scout Master Conference).
Q: Where do I find the various Boy Scout
forms I need?
A: Boy Scout forms are conveniently located for download and printing from
the Sagamore Signals website at http://www.sagamoresignals.com -
here to visit the Boy Scout forms sections of this website.